Rankin Vindicated: Suddenly and Repeatedly

Robert L. Rankin rankin at lark.cc.ukans.edu
Wed Nov 18 15:37:21 UTC 1998

The sort of thing John did here is especially valuable to those of us
doing analyses of related languages that are mostly or completely extinct
(Kansa, Quapaw, Osage, etc.).  Even with several summers of field work on
Kansa while there were still a couple of speakers, I don't have entire
sets like these in Omaha.  However I do expect to find enough
analogs/cognates in Kansa to reconstruct the system by comparing what I do
have with what John finds in Omaha.