Field Methods software (fwd)

ROOD DAVID S rood at spot.Colorado.EDU
Mon Aug 30 03:07:20 UTC 1999

Hi, everyone --
	I'm not teaching this year, but I have this request from a student
who is helping Jule Garcia.  Any ideas?
	Thanks.
	David

David S. Rood
Dept. of Linguistics
Univ. of Colorado
Campus Box 295
Boulder, CO 80309-0295
USA
rood at colorado.edu

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 18:51:16 -0600 (MDT)
From: "Girand   Cynthia V." <Cynthia.Girand at Colorado.EDU>
To: david.rood at Colorado.EDU
Subject: Field Methods software

Hi David,

I'm hoping you can help me out with some names of folks that have spent
time doing linguistic fieldwork with computers.  I am the "technical" TA
for Field Methods this semester.  Jule is teaching it.  We have the
opportunity to get some linguistic fieldwork software.  But I have no clue
where to start.  I guess there are a few ideas on the SIL web page, but
I'm sure there are other possibilities as well.

So, I'm hoping you might have some contacts or know of some linguists who
use current software in the field.  Could you think of say, five people
who have done recent fieldwork with computers?  Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Cynthia