American Indian Studies Research Institute Site

Koontz John E John.Koontz at colorado.edu
Fri Jul 16 05:49:00 UTC 1999

I apologize to those of you who saw this link in the SSILA Newsletter
Online Edition recently.  I thought it was an important link to point out
to Siouanists, and I know not all members of this list are members of
SSILA.

The American Indian studies Research Institute at Indian University
(DeMallie & Parks and company) has a site at:

http://php.indiana.edu/~aisri/

Under their projects heading they have some samples of the Yanktonai
Lexicon they are working on.  It's easy to find, but the specific link is
currently:

http://php.indiana.edu/~aisri/lab/yanktonai/yanktonai.html

This page is heavy on graphics and takes a while to load on my home
system.  It contains spoken samples that can be invoked by clocking
speaker icons.  Listening to c^huwi'gnaNka 'dress' is enough to make me
wonder if Dakotan isn't a pitch accent language.