FW: Driving to the Conference?

Galloway, Brent BGalloway at SIFC.EDU
Tue Jun 1 18:18:00 UTC 1999

-----Original Message-----
From:	Galloway, Brent
Sent:	Friday, May 28, 1999 1:33 PM
To:	'siouan at lists.Colorado.EDU'
Subject:	RE: Driving to the Conference?

Thanks for the advice on border crossings from both Ardis and Bob.  Since
I'm a US citizen but landed immigrant in Canada I think the advice matches
my experience too.  Those who still haven't reserved a room for the Siouan
Conference or submitted a short abstract still can.  I just need to know by
June 6th at the latest and I can personally reserve you a room in the
College West dorms and let you know if your paper will be on the program.
Good responses are coming in so far and good abstracts.  Regina is the
provincial capitol so there are lots of motels and hotels if you have a car
and want that route.  There are some (more expensive) ones downtown served
by bus to the University.  If you do want to reserve a dorm room, they are
in suites of six bedrooms with shared kitchen, bath, etc. for about $30
Canadian/night.
Arrive on the 10th and leave either on the 11th (after papers) or 12th (for
a less hectic pace) or even later so we can show you our corner of Canada.
     Some of our two mail-outs were returned since the mailing list, I
discovered, was in need of updated addressed in some cases.  If this is the
only way you've heard about the conference or through the SSILA newsletter
or word of mouth, let us have you new snail mail address if you want to he
on the Conference mailing list.  Hope to see lots of you there.
Brent Galloway (bgalloway at sifc.edu) <mailto:bgalloway at sifc.edu)> .