maps

Trechter, Sara STRECHTER at csuchico.edu
Tue Jun 22 23:07:04 UTC 1999

Howdy,  I'm looking for a map that adequately indicates where Lakhota is
spoken nowadays.  I'm thinking along the lines of something like Parks and
Demallie's (1992) map in their Sioux, Assiniboine and Stoney Dialects: a
classification.

The map would have to be scanable for a website, and of course I'll contact
folks for proper permissions and acknowledgements.  If you already know of a
good one or have a map that you wanted included at a website, then a Url is
definitely preferable.  (BTW, the website is a supplement to a book called
_Reinventing Identities_, ed. by Mary Bucholtz, to be released by OUP in the
Autumn. We "get" to include all of the supplementary info. that usually gets
deleted because of page requirements.

Thanks in advance,
sara

Dr. Sara Trechter