Bibliography

John P. Boyle jpboyle at midway.uchicago.edu
Tue Oct 19 03:43:02 UTC 1999

Dear fellow Siouan list members,

	Last weekend I was in Kansas at the Mid-America conference and
while talking with Bob Rankin, I somehow managed to volunteer to edit and
do a final compilation of the much sought after master Siouan bibliography.
Bob gave me Pamela Munro's bibliography which she compiled in 1988 and he
updated to an extent last year.
	Before much more work is undertaken on this task, some formatting
questions need to be answered.  The most important of which is what should
be included.  Since much of the last 30 years of work on Siouan sits in
peoples file cabinets, I'm hesitant to include it in the main section of
the bibliography.  I propose the following format:

	The first section will include published material;

	The second section will include presentations with

	manuscripts that people are willing to have circulated;

	The third section will include papers that were presented

	that don't have written manuscripts or only exist in the form of raw
	data and/or notes.

I'd like to include this third section just so people know what others have
worked on.
	In addition, I'd like to know what type of material people think
should be included in the bibliography.  Bob proposed to limit it to
linguistic material only (this would include word lists but not strictly
anthropological material).  This will keep the size much more manageable.
	Once these questions are resolved, I'll ask for current copies of
CVs form everyone along with other bibliographical material.  Please let me
know what you think since this is meant to be useful to everyone and your
input will affect its outcome.

Thanks,

John Boyle