Fw: post-secondary directory

Mark Awakuni-Swetland mawakuni-swetland2 at unl.edu
Fri Sep 24 15:32:39 UTC 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Awakuni-Swetland <mawakuni-swetland2 at unl.edu>
To: Siouan List <SIOUAN at lists.Colorado.edu>
Date: Friday, September 24, 1999 9:08 AM
Subject: post-secondary directory

Hello Folks:
At the risk of sounding completely uninformed:

Would anyone know if there is a directory or inventory somewhere of post-secondary institutions offering (currently or recent past) Siouan languages? Actually that should more usefully read "... offering any Native language."  Or am I faced with soliciting information from each institution starting with the Great Plains region and working my way outward?

I am trying to get a handle on what is "out there" as I work on the University of Nebraska's plans to develop an Omaha language series.

Thanks!
Mark

Mark Awakuni-Swetland, Lecturer
Department of Anthropology