Fw: post-secondary directory

Koontz John E John.Koontz at colorado.edu
Fri Sep 24 21:07:30 UTC 1999

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Mark Awakuni-Swetland wrote:

> Would anyone know if there is a directory or inventory somewhere of
> post-secondary institutions offering (currently or recent past) Siouan
> languages? Actually that should more usefully read "... offering any
> Native language."  Or am I faced with soliciting information from each
> institution starting with the Great Plains region and working my way
> outward?

The Linguistic Society of America publishes a directory of linguistics
programs in the US and Canada that includes an index by languages of
uncommonly taught languages.  Check with the UNL library to see if they
have copies of this directory.  The LSA site is http://www.lsadc.org, but
it didn't seem to include this part of the listing when I checked it
quickly.

You can also check for references at the SSILA site:
http://trc2.ucdavis.edu/ssila/ in
http://trc2.ucdavis.edu/ssila/learning.stm.

JEK