Siouan/Caddoan Conference.

Robert L. Rankin rankin at lark.cc.ukans.edu
Thu Apr 6 14:48:56 UTC 2000

Rgraczyk at aol.com wrote:
> I agree that it is time to give the conference some formal structure. > It's time for the rest of us to share the responsibility.

I agree with Randy.  It has always been difficult to finalize
arrangements for this conference early enough in the year to get an
announcement in (a) The SSILA newsletter (printed version), (b) the LSA
Bulletin and (c) The Anthropology newsletter, all far enough in advance
for people who are not "in the loop" to plan to attend.  As a result we
have sometimes had a conference with as few as 5 or 6 participants.