Siouan Web Fonts and Netscape

Koontz John E John.Koontz at colorado.edu
Wed Dec 6 17:19:39 UTC 2000

The properly made SS Manuscript fonts also work with Netscape 4.7* for
Windows and SunOS Unix.  They don't work with the new Netscape 6, perhaps
because it's still under development.  I've only tested Netscape under
WindowsNT (American).  The SS Doulos fonts that didn't work earlier still
don't work.  The problem is probably that non-restrictive URL I tried.

Incidentally, I've noticed that SIL's Encore Fonts tool has a new version
out that is more graphically based.  The TypeCaster program in Encore
Fonts is what I used to make the Siouan fonts in their TrueType format.

There is also a newer version of TavulteSoft's KeyMan out.

JEK