heyoka mistranslation

Erik D Gooding egooding at iupui.edu
Tue Feb 22 19:48:33 UTC 2000

As I've already email Mr. Mashtay, I believe that this sentence, taken
from Father B's definition of aheyoka, contains a typo, that second s'ni
should be the conintuative s'na, 'he's always having a fire'. that
expresses the contrary nature of the heyoka. Perhaps Ray DeMallie can run
into the other room there at AISRI and check to see which way Father B
wrote it on his slips. But my gut says its either an expression of the
period and/or a typo.

Erik

P.S. JEK, I'll get to our conversation about stress/pitch/accent here
shortly, if I ever get my dissertation done, I can think of other things!