Query: Possessor Raising

Koontz John E John.Koontz at colorado.edu
Tue May 16 19:06:49 UTC 2000

The construction I recall for OP is git?e, e.g., (?) s^i'nudaN iNt?e.  'my
dog has died'.  This has an unusual minor pattern argument structure.
It's a dative object version of the dhiNge structure:  N[pat2]
pro[pat1]-verb, e.g., a theme without any verbal concord (but third
person, so ...) plus a marked patient pronominal inflection (experiencer
or whatever).  I wonder if Quapaw could have shifted to the non-dative
version from the dative one?

I don't recall this verb with 'dog', but it definitely occurs with kinterms.