Siouan demonstratives.

Rankin, Robert L rankin at ku.edu
Fri Apr 13 00:03:12 UTC 2001

All,

I was going through some of my old computer files and, since we were talking
about the deictic system in several of the languages, thought I'd pass along
this handout I did for a course on the Siouan language family I taught here
at KU several years back.

I hope the Colorado list server accepts attachments. The attachment is a
microsoft Word for Windows file using John Koontz' Siouan SIL-Doulos font
for the PC. I will try to send it in .rtf format. That way it may be
possible for those of you using MAC's to read it. For those who cannot, I
apologize; this is the best I can do.

As you'll see, the file just gives some cognate sets. It does not cover the
things we've been talking about on the list -- usage and nuances of meaning.
I hope it will stimulate more discussion.