Ch.Orthography

Mark Awakuni-Swetland mawakuni-swetland2 at unl.edu
Fri Apr 20 12:53:15 UTC 2001

Aloha all:
I would be very interested in any assistance along these lines on behalf of
the Native Language:Omaha program here at the University of Nebraska. In
collaboration with Omaha Nation Public School on the Omaha Reservation we
have nearly completed the construction and translation of the first two of
six bilingual elementary booklets planned for the academic period 2000-2002.
We were expecting to approach the Omaha Nation Public School Art Dept. to
solicit illustrations. Any ideas generated from this Siouanist  list could
assist us in formulating illustration strategies.

On behalf of Omaha Nation, I know they are looking to create
picture-centered sorts of bilingual materials for the very youngest ages
(pre-school through elementary). I would gleefully pass on any and all ideas
to them to consider.

uthixide
Mark Awakuni-Swetland, Lecturer
Anthropology/Ethnic Studies
c/o Department of Anthropology-Geography
University of Nebraska
Bessey Hall 132
Lincoln, NE 68588-0368
Office 402-472-3455