Proverbs

Catherine Rudin/HU/AC/WSC CaRudin1 at wsc.edu
Tue Dec 18 20:38:56 UTC 2001

No one's ever mentioned any Omaha proverbs to me -- doesn't mean they don't
exist, of course.  I'll try to remember to ask when I get a chance.   But
actually I can easily imagine people living a long, full, and talkative
life with no proverbs.  I don't think I use them often in English, and then
usually as a joke.  (Dragging kid out of bed for ungodly early band
practice I'll tease them about worms for breakfast... not exactly an
"indispensible" language function.)

Thanks for the cool (and parenthetical) nested question!

CR