U.S. President

Lance Foster ioway at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 14 23:44:25 UTC 2001

IO is Hintuga/Intuga "my/his grandfather", like John put it. The IO "to cause" is
-hi suffix. Marsh had "(government) official" as wawayin "one sent" (this could be
a messenger or emissary), from Intuga.

You can see the -hi also in "Chief", wangegihi, wange (man) gi (towards it,
referring to it) to cause (-hi), referring to the authority and leadership of a
chief.

-Lance

--
Lance Michael Foster