Sky and cloud

Lance Foster ioway at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 19 18:59:25 UTC 2001

IO is bikax?e

bi = wi (bi = sun/light/moon)
so I can see kax?e relates to chah?pi but could it relate to bika-  hmm I don't
know.

However our IO stories do relate that the stars represent the campfires of the
dead in wanaxi china (ghost+village) or wanaxi nawo (ghost+road) aka The Milky
Way.

And the father of the Holy Twins did go to live in Bikax?e Manyiskunyi,
Star-Moves/Walks-Not, "the Star that does not move", aka the North Star.

I find it interesting that many Native stories do not follow the popular notion
that the Sun is male and the Moon is female (in IO the terms are the same, Bi)
...in IO the Twin Holy Boys, after they left Earth, one went into the Sun and
the other into the Moon (while the father went into the North Star). But in IO
the Earth is female.

Lance

--
Lance Michael Foster