sky

Lance Foster ioway at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 17 15:27:53 UTC 2001

Ok, now for something weird in the way of unseemly
coincidence...

In Tewa (a Pueblo language of the southwest), 'sky' is
"makowa." Source: J. P. Harrington, "The
Ethnogeography of the Tewa Indians," (1916) (29th BAE
Report [1907-1908], p. 45).

"Makowa".. "sky".. hehe.. and it's not even Siouan... don't that burn your
tail feathers

Lance

--
Lance Michael Foster