Yankton dictionary wanted.

Bruce Ingham bi1 at soas.ac.uk
Tue Jul 31 14:37:45 UTC 2001

If what is wanted is a Yankton dictionary rather than a Nakota one,
I believe Williamson's English-Dakota dictionary is Yankton rather
than anything else

Bruce

Date sent:      	Mon, 30 Jul 2001 11:00:56 -0500
Send reply to:  	siouan at lists.colorado.edu
From:           	"Rankin, Robert L" <rankin at ku.edu>
To:             	"'siouan at lists.colorado.edu'" <siouan at lists.colorado.edu>
Subject:        	Yankton dictionary wanted.

I forward this from the SSILA newsletter for anyone who may have missed it.

Dictionary wanted
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  J.L.(Zeph) Zephier (ishnajin at webtv.net)

  I am a Nakota Sioux, from the the Ihanktonwan Oyate, in South Dakota.
  I've been searching for a Nakota dictionary.  As of yet my search has
  been in vain.  Does anyone have an idea where I can find one?  Thank You!

                                                                   --"Zeph"
                                                       Wagner, South Dakota
                                                       (ishnajin at webtv.net)
Dr. Bruce Ingham