Yankton dictionary wanted.

Erik D Gooding egooding at iupui.edu
Tue Jul 31 13:54:26 UTC 2001

Most Yankton refer to themselves as Nakota. The Yanktonai I worked with
at Standing Rock referred to themselves as Dakota, but used Nakota when
referring to Yanktons. Most anthro's would attribute this is Jim Howard I
believe, his belief that Yankton-Yanktonai was originally a "n" dialect
since he believed that the Assiniboine (and by inference the Stoney) were
an offshoot of the Yanktonai (as many believed and still believe).

Erik