Comparative Siouan Syntax Workshop

Rgraczyk at aol.com Rgraczyk at aol.com
Wed Jun 27 15:46:49 UTC 2001

In a message dated 06/25/2001 8:37:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jpboyle at midway.uchicago.edu writes:

> 1) Would you prefer a two day workshop (Friday & Saturday) or a three day
> workshop (Thursday - Saturday)?

I would prefer three days--if we're going to travel, we might as well use an
extra day.

> 2) What date(s) would be best for you? (Please rank with 1 being best)
>
> Sept. 13-15
> Sept. 20-12
> Sept. 27-29

Sept. 20-22 or 27-29 would be my preference.

> 3) What would be the best location: (Please rank with 1 being best) - Keep
> in mind that although Boulder and Chicago are both accessible by major
> airports we we won't be able to stay in dorms in Boulder and the Chicago
> I-House is up in the air as to what will happen to it.  So although you
> might save on airfare, this savings might be more than offset by hotel
> rates.  Wayne is more remote and doesn't have as many nice restaurants but
> motel fare is cheap.  We might also be able to set up car pools from St.
> Louis.  Also, please indicate if any location would make it impossible for
> you to participate.
>
> Boulder, CO.
> Chicago, IL.
> Wayne, NEB.

Actually, Boulder or Chicago would be better for me, as I would have a place
to stay in both locations.  But I can work with whatever you decide.

> other site suggestions:
>
> 4) What topics would you like to cover at this workshop? (Please list
> topics even if you won't be able to participate in this years workshop).
> Also please feel free to make the list as long as you want, we might not
> get to everything but we should have a good idea as to what the questions
> are.
>
> Along with the topics that have been mentioned so far, I would add 1)
> serial verb constructions, 2) switch reference and 3) deictic/demonstrative
> systems.

Randy