Anthropological Linguistics

Koontz John E John.Koontz at colorado.edu
Fri Mar 2 16:38:15 UTC 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 08:27:54 -0800 (PST)
From: Lance Foster <hengruh at yahoo.com>
To: John.Koontz at colorado.edu
Subject: Re: Cryptos

Hi John

I can't reply to the list from this address
(hengruh at yahoo.com) so maybe you can pass this on for
me.

I have done two such studies, imperfect though they
may be.

One is a section in my thesis on the Ioway sacred
bundles where I compare the taxonomy of the bundle
system given by ethnographers, compared to what the
linguistic taxonomy seems to be.

The second is the ethnozoology of the Ioway-Otoe and
how it relates to Oneota archaeology and Chiwere
linguistic taxonomy. I talk about circumlocution in
there. This one is quite lengthy, maybe 30 pages long.

If you can, please pass this onto the list. Thanks

Lance