Funny looking characters.

Rankin, Robert L rankin at ku.edu
Sun Mar 25 15:30:57 UTC 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: BARudes at aol.com
>The funny looking characters actually represent an apostrophe.  My
>keyboard is set for English International, rather than English U.S.  I
>keep forgetting that AOL does weird things to the apostrophe.  I will try
>to remember to switch keyboards for email.

I have a naive question for John and other computer whizzes. If each of us
on the list set our email programs to use a particular font (say, Siouan
SILDoulos or Iroquoian-ABC or whatever we chose as a group), would it enable
each of us to use "real" nasal vowels, accented chanacters, sibilants with
haceks, etc. in our postings to the list, or does this depend on servers,
ISP's, etc.?

Most of us use email programs that allow us to set the default font for
receiving and sending mail. Maybe it would be possible to do away with "net
Siouan".