Time Depths, etc.

ird ird at blueridge.net
Sat Mar 31 15:07:20 UTC 2001

Thanks for all responses, esp. RLR's point-by-point.  Hope the paper on cuiltigens and Siouan splits is in print somewhere!

I missed some nuances of reply.  RLR replied to my query about the CSD with:

>It's pretty primitive. It's presented subgroup by subgroup, those groupings
>having been determined in advance and pretty much agreed upon. It hasn't
>been generally accessible, but it needs to become so.

To which AH replied:

>Please!

What should one out of the loop assume is common knowledge about the CSD or access to it or questions about it??

I *would* like to revist the subgroupings, one reason I'm working with a continuum.  I would hope for credible dating sometime of the divergences of Mandan and Catawba and am interested in when Biloxi went its own way, surely in early OV more closely related to Tutelo than to Ofo. I'll wade in with examples when my papers get unpacked from boxes.  Now am just glad to clarify received opinions and know where not to tread on pain of scorn! :-)

Irene Roach Delpino