Keying Popular Orthographies in MS Word

Language ccpp at cetlink.net
Fri May 4 13:49:40 UTC 2001

I guess it was hard to follow my train of thought.  I often only write half of what I'm thinking.
What I meant to say was that we have the SIL fonts (Sophia, Doulos and Manuscript) loaded in our Word97 and we can write with Arial or Times New Roman but insert the diacritical marks, such as accents, nasal hooks and glottal stops, by using Ctrl + a key that we have assigned as short cut keys.
For example, if I want a nasal accented 'a' followed by a glottal stop, I would key in the 'a', then Ctrl + the comma key, Ctrl + the apostrophe key and Ctrl + the ?/ key and all this takes less than 1 second.