akhe

rlarson at unlnotes01.unl.edu rlarson at unlnotes01.unl.edu
Tue Sep 25 23:31:56 UTC 2001

> Bob:
> 2. "non-ablauting -e stem verb"  There are no non-ablauting -e stems in
> Dhegiha as far as I know. Only Dakotan, which has totally restructured
the
> system, has "non-ablauting -a stems". If you're going to be at the syntax
> meeting, I'll distribute my paper on this there.

Did you mean "non-ablauting -a stems", or did you mean to type "-e stems",
in your reference to Dakotan?  There certainly seem to be plenty of
non-ablauting -a stems in OP, notably gaNdha, "want, wish", and udha',
"tell".

I'd certainly be interested in seeing your paper.  I don't know anything
about the meeting though.

Rory