Dhegihanists: Ethnonyms for SE tribes? (fwd)

Koontz John E John.Koontz at colorado.edu
Thu Aug 15 18:33:01 UTC 2002

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, David Costa wrote:
> Dorsey didn't get any?

I don't recall that he includes a list of ethnonyms in any of his Dhegiha
publications.  Those he collected are in his unpublished slip files.  Any
year now I'm going to either get a microfilm reader or find out how to
have microfilm copied to CDs, and then, thanks to my benefactor Mark
Swetland, I'll be able to consult Dorsey's slip file for Omaha.

The CD solution occurred to me within the last year or so, but I haven't
been able to implement it yet.  I'd need a commercial service to do the
conversion, and I haven't located one.

JEK