The Whorf Hypothesis

David Kaufman dvklinguist at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 19 21:35:15 UTC 2002

>>I didn't want to get involved in this discussion, much of which struck me
>>as puerile<<

I apologize for having raised such a “puerile” topic for discussion.  I am
still in the “adolescence” of my career in linguistics and enjoy talking
with more mature-minded experts in the field who will tolerate my
“immaturity” in order to increase my learning curve!  I do find such topics
fascinating, even though they may be considered “worn out” and stale by most
linguists.  I enjoy exploring a whole territory before focusing on any
particular region.  I have learned a lot from this discussion and hope to
learn more about many other things as time goes on.

Dave

Check out my personal web site:
http://dvklinguist.homestead.com/Homepage1.html