Hilton Atlanta shuttle/taxi

Linda Cumberland lcumberl at indiana.edu
Tue Dec 31 14:43:15 UTC 2002

I'm from Atlanta and I can confirm that the MARTA train has a station
right in the airport. If I recall correctly, there is a stop one block
from the Hilton. There are maps posted outside and inside the train,
and a person in the toll booth you can ask. I don't know what the fare
is now, but when I left (in 1997) it was $1.25.  It is incredibly
convenient, fast and comfortable.  Getting on at the airport, you'll
be the first on and assured of a seat, and there are areas in each car
to put your luggage, so you don't have it knocking around your feet.
You can take a seat next to or across from it if you're worried about
someone grabbing it and hopping off with it.  When I lived in Atlanta
MARTA was the only way I ever went to the airport - pretty much
hassle-free.

Linda
> On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, Carolyn Quintero wrote:
> > The fellow at the Hilton says taxi from the airport costs around
$26.00,
> > takes about 25 minutes.  Also there is a shuttle service, called
The