Omission from Woccon Article

BARudes at aol.com BARudes at aol.com
Wed Jan 30 02:30:26 UTC 2002

John Koontz brought to my attention that the sources for the Proto-Siouan
forms in Appendix 4 of the article were not cited.  Apparently, because of
editorial revisions and emails back and forth, the journal editor used a
version that did not contain the citations.  Briefly, the reconstructions are
from a paper by Giulia Oiviero and Bob Rankin on the classification of
Southeastern Siouan that will appear in a volume I am editing with David
Costa in memory of Frank Siebert.  The others are either from Matthews'
dissertation or from Richard Carter's Woccon article. I apologize, in
particular to the authors of the omitted citations for the error, and will
send the full citations for each form to everyone over the weekend.

Blair