Siouan References in Reprint (Woccon & Tutelo)

Eric enichol4 at attbi.com
Wed Jan 9 17:07:53 UTC 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Koontz John E" <John.Koontz at colorado.edu>
To: <siouan at lists.colorado.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 10:12 AM
Subject: Re: Siouan References in Reprint (Woccon & Tutelo)

,,,,,,,,,,,, Among things that I
> think are essentially unpublished (manuscripts or dissertations) there's
> Sussman's Winnebago grammar, Hollow's Mandan dictionary, Hahn's
> (Omaha-)Ponca grammar, and Huron K. Smith's manuscript Winnebago
> ethnobotany...............

The Smith Winnebago material has been published in :

Kindscher, Kelly. Hurlburt, Dana P. Huron Smith's ethnobotany of the Hocak
(Winnebago). [Article. Feature article] Economic Botany. v. 52 no4,
Oct./Dec. 1998, p. 352-72.

I can't speak to the quality of the edition or how it compares to the
manuscript.