manitous

David Costa pankihtamwa at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 19 19:03:59 UTC 2002

Well, there's good reason to believe that the (genetically) closest relative
of Sauk-Fox-Kickapoo is Shawnee, so it might be an inherited innovation
rather than something areal. There appear to be many other little bits of
evocative vocab shared between SFK and Shawnee as well, though the grammars
have many striking differences.

David