Virtues-wolves-coyotes

Alan Knutson boris at terracom.net
Tue Jul 16 17:02:03 UTC 2002

Bruce

The Avonlea complex was centered in southern Saskatchewan, also occurs in
Alberta, and western Manitoba, with a probability of northern North Dakota.
Websites on the Avonlea complex are:
http://www.umanitoba.ca/faculties/arts/anthropology/manarchnet/chronology/wo
odland/avonlea.html
http://www.heritage-online.net/Timeline/avonlea.htm

Also in terms of the wolverine, alternate names are the 'glutton' or
'grison', "Gulo gulo", the Smithsonian website indicates the
wolverine occurred as far south as 37°N (northern boundary of Oklahoma),
also I believe that the wolverine was encountered by Lewis and Clark on
their trip. Just imagine a 50-100kg animal, as fast as a cat but with the
temper of a cranky badger.

Alan