andative

David Costa pankihtamwa at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 3 21:37:14 UTC 2002

I should also point out that I searched for the word 'andative' on the web.
Needless to say there were very few results, but one reference did come up:

Mithun, Marianne. 1988. 'The Grammaticalization of Coordination.' In:
Haiman, John, and Sandra Thompson. (eds.) Clause Combining in Grammar and
Discourse. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.

Apparently, in this article, Mithun uses the term 'andative' in regards to a
construction found in Iroquois. I don't happen to own this book, can anyone
out there shed any light on how she uses the term 'andative' in this
article?

thanks,

Dave Costa