Ks. not Ka. (was Re: History of SACC/SCALC)

Michael Mccafferty mmccaffe at indiana.edu
Tue Jun 4 20:28:17 UTC 2002

Yes. My letters to the W.I. (West Indies) often go to Wisconsin and then
return to me.

Also, Oklahoma is OK but Indiana is IN.

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Koontz John E wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Catherine Rudin/HU/AC/WSC wrote:
> > 1.  Kansas is KS, not KA
>
> Bob insists on Ks for Kaw, too, though these have always confused me.
> When I worked for the Postal Service years ago, I noticed people always
> had problems with NB (New Brunswick) for NE (braska), and Mich (Michoacan)
> for Michigan (Michoagan?).  Now, thanks to the Internet, we have more
> confusing two letter abbreviations than you can shake a stick at.

Michael McCafferty
307 Memorial Hall
Indiana University
Bloomington, Indiana
47405
mmccaffe at indiana.edu

"Talking is often a torment for me, and I
need many days of silence to recover from the futility of words.
                                                       C.G. Jung

"...as a dog howls at the moon, I talk."
                                    Rumi