wakhan in nominal position

bi1 at soas.ac.uk bi1 at soas.ac.uk
Thu Jun 6 12:38:31 UTC 2002

Although I'm not up on the theology of all this, an alternative word
smetimes said to be an alternative of WakhaN ThaNka is Taku
s^kaNs^kaN 'thing  which moves' as in moves upon the water'
perhaps.

Another   example of wakhaN as head of a clause is the
 Lakota word for 'electricity' or 'lightning' which is WakhaN gli
mysterious thing which comes'.