Dakota wakhan

Koontz John E John.Koontz at colorado.edu
Tue Jun 11 01:39:33 UTC 2002

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, Rankin, Robert L wrote:
> I'm getting this "char. set" message again with some of John's and Ardis'
> postings.

I've tried modifying my settings, but I think this message may be more or
less unavoidable (at the sender's end).  It basically says, on behalf of
your mail program, "The sender was on a Unix system, and you are on a
Windows system."  I am using a Unix system, and I'll gues that Ardis is,
or has set something in her mailer to select the default Unix character
set.  I am truly sorry if my being on a Unix system causes my letters to
be handled as attachments by your mailer, as I know this is fairly
awkward.  You may be able to configure your mailer so this doesn't happen.
There's not much I can do other than trying to figure out how to use
Outlook Express from an off campus location.  (I think that's actually
possible.)

JEK