symbol sets

David Costa pankihtamwa at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 11 21:01:14 UTC 2002

Did you try alt-138, rather than alt-0138?

These are PC-ASCII codes; for those of us who use Macs, these won't work at
all.

In my experience, virtually ANY kind of special character -- even ordinary
ones like 'a-acute accent' -- can and probably will get mangled by being
passed through email, especially if it passes through some really different
types of servers or if it crosses international boundaries. So really, it
works best not to use any special characters in a venue like this and to
limit ourselves to ugly-but-safe things like 's^', 'u"' and 'e`'.

David