symbol sets in British perspective [and Constitution of the List]

Carolyn Quintero cqcqcq at pgtv.net
Thu Jun 13 13:34:38 UTC 2002

I see the character after "does" in Anthony's message as a British pound
sign in this email.. However, on my keyboard, the character above 3 is the
pound-sign (like tic-tac-toe), or what was in the early days of computing
around 1982 called "scrunch" by computer folks.  I've called it "scrunch"
ever since, but not many people know this term?
Carolyn