Virtues

bi1 at soas.ac.uk bi1 at soas.ac.uk
Tue Jun 25 17:23:57 UTC 2002

In the connection of virtues the wors wauNs^ilapi or wowauns^ila
which in biblical contexts comes to mean 'mercifulness', 'mercy' is
probabbly just general 'kindness' and seems to be one virtue often
referred to or the absence of it.  It may in a nomadic society imply
quite often 'hospitality' I suppose.