SCALC 2002

rlarson at unlnotes01.unl.edu rlarson at unlnotes01.unl.edu
Tue Jun 4 13:19:54 UTC 2002

> On Mon, 3 Jun 2002 rlarson at unlnotes01.unl.edu wrote:
>> If we ever get up that way again, may I suggest getting lost on foot in
the
>> Badlands as a delightful early morning activity?  ...

John:
> Uh, just out of curiosity, you're not still lost, right?  In this age of
> wireless networks and Java-enabled cellphones, and given the diffidence
of
> some scholarly pesonalities, it might be worth asking.

No, I'm safely back in Lincoln.  I might be diffident, but I'm not that
technologically enabled, and I probably wouldn't be feeling so poetic about
the experience if I were still there.  With the sun near the horizon
direction was obvious, and it proved disappointingly easy to get out.  I
just climbed another slope, flipped over the top of a ridge, and fell out
almost in front of my truck.

Rory