andative

Wallace Chafe chafe at linguistics.ucsb.edu
Tue Jun 4 19:19:36 UTC 2002

Please don't decide on ambulative. I started using that term in the 1960s
for a Seneca suffix that means to do something while walking: he's singing
while walking, etc. The meaning of the andative, or whatever, is that the
event in question takes place only after going somewhere. It has more to do
with the end point than the starting point, so departitive isn't so good.

Wally