2003 Meeting

John Boyle jpboyle at midway.uchicago.edu
Tue Mar 19 15:26:58 UTC 2002

Dear All,

Last year at the Siouan and Caddoan languages conference (SACLC) we
tossed around the idea of having the 2003 meeting in conjunction with
the 2003 LSA Institute at the University of Michigan.  The Institute
dates run from June 30 - August 8.  I am writing to see if people
still want to do the SACLC in conjunction with the summer Institute?
If so we need to choose a weekend for the conference (we can't have
in Monday - Thursday).  Also the first weekend of the Institute is
the weekend of the 4th of July, so that probably wouldn't be a good
time and the weekend of July 18 - 20 the Committee on the Status of
Women in Linguistics is meeting.  The possible weekend dates for the
conference are as follows:

	July 4 - 6
	July 11 - 13
	July 18 - 20
	July 25 - 27
	Aug. 1 - 3
	Aug. 8 - 10

In addition, could people also comment on the following:

1) We need to have an estimate of the number of participants (so we
can reserve an appropriate size room).  I am going to estimate the
the number of participants to be approximately 30.  Does this seem
right?

2) What king of AV equipment will people need?

3) Do we want to have the conference advertised generally during the Institute?

4) Do we want the conference to appear in the Institute brochure?

I assume that the answers to questions 3 & 4 are' yes', but I wanted
to check with everyone.  If people could either respond to the list
if there is something that needs to be addressed by everyone
(possible dates) or to me personally at <jpboyle at midway.uchicago.edu>
about anything else, I'd appreciate it. We need to get this resolved
in the next two or three weeks so we can get our spot reserved if we
decide to have the conference in conjunction with the institute.

Thanks,

John P. Boyle
Department of Linguistics
University of Chicago