2003 Meeting

Catherine Rudin/HU/AC/WSC CaRudin1 at wsc.edu
Tue Mar 19 20:36:05 UTC 2002

I like the idea of meeting with LSA institute, but  it's too far ahead for
me to have much sense of which week would be best.   I think I have a
conflict  the weekend of July 11.   Later is probably better for me???  Who
knows!

By the way...    Perhaps I've just not been paying sufficient attention --
but I don't know when THIS year's conference (2002) is.  Has a firm date
been set?  Is it still in ND?   Summer is getting pretty booked up...  I'll
be pretty embarrassed if everyone else has known the date for months and
I've gone and scheduled something else at the same time...

Catherine

> Last year at the Siouan and Caddoan languages conference (SACLC) we
> tossed around the idea of having the 2003 meeting in conjunction with
> the 2003 LSA Institute at the University of Michigan.  The Institute
> dates run from June 30 - August 8.  I am writing to see if people
> still want to do the SACLC in conjunction with the summer Institute?
> If so we need to choose a weekend for the conference (we can't have
> in Monday - Thursday).  Also the first weekend of the Institute is
> the weekend of the 4th of July, so that probably wouldn't be a good
> time and the weekend of July 18 - 20 the Committee on the Status of
> Women in Linguistics is meeting.  The possible weekend dates for the
> conference are as follows:
>
>            July 4 - 6
>            July 11 - 13
>            July 18 - 20
>            July 25 - 27
>            Aug. 1 - 3
>            Aug. 8 - 10
>
> In addition, could people also comment on the following:
>
> 1) We need to have an estimate of the number of participants (so we
> can reserve an appropriate size room).  I am going to estimate the
> the number of participants to be approximately 30.  Does this seem
> right?
>
> 2) What king of AV equipment will people need?
>
> 3) Do we want to have the conference advertised generally during the
Institute?