A Metaphorical Suggestion

Ardis R Eschenberg are2 at acsu.buffalo.edu
Wed Mar 20 20:37:32 UTC 2002

In my dissertation, I describe and believe I have evidence for the
explanation between ama being used with motion involving a scene shift
while akHa is used with motion in the same general setting.  I gave a few
examples of this in my Colorado talk.  It can be thought of as marked
motion vs. unmarked motion. Similarly, akHa tends to be used when number
is evident from other words/morphemes and ama is used itself to mark
plural number (when there are no other markers such as an overt number).
This can also be thought of as marked and unmarked.  I'm in the thick of
this chapter right now.  My evidence is both from Dorsey and my own stuff.
On another topic...
What are the dates for Spearfish?  I'm sorry, I can;t seem to find where I
wrote them down (if I did).
Regards,
Ardis