No subject

napsha51 at aol.com napsha51 at aol.com
Sat Mar 2 16:42:18 UTC 2002

Yes, I will be happy to do this, I am Violet Catches, a Lakxota woman, I
teach at the Pierre Indian Learning Center, in Pierre SD, I came to your
college as a guest to one of Zeena's classes. She was our contact person for
Hocak, as you spell it there, I use my preference, Hochunk, which is  how we
say it. And I teach Omaha. All of these are concepts, like colors, time,
numbers, money. Well, after I wrote in the soiuan lists, i was thinking about
the words, i have to go back and look because i think, there is a t
somewhere, I have it written down. Her assistant use to write to me, but I
haven't heard from her after she wrote telling me of Zeena's passing. She was
usually there, helping, and she recorded the numbers for me, I wonder why I
cannot think of her name! I am 52, so forgetful. I will think of her name as
soon as I send you this e mail.
Violet