Siouan: Winnebago/Ho Chunk

R. Rankin rankin at ku.edu
Tue Nov 19 20:11:19 UTC 2002

Let me add to Louanna's kind words that the University
of Kansas has a degree-granting Indigenous Nations
Studies program that has a language concentration
designed specifically for those seeking to preserve and
teach Native languages.  We have one student now in
this program who is Mandan.  Indiana University also
has a very active American Indian Studies program, and
Colorado has strong interests in Mississippi Valley
Siouan languages as well.

All of us old farts at the above institutions are
closing in on retirement now, but I think that all of
us would be more than happy to do everything we could
to help students of Siouan languages and linguistics.
So whether you decide to attend one of our institutions
or not, you should always feel free to come to us with
questions and problems.

Bob Rankin