Lakota names for other people

Jan Ullrich ullrich.j at soupvm.cz
Thu Nov 28 09:38:15 UTC 2002

I always though that the word for Apache is with non-aspirated k and with
stress on the first syllable - chiN'cakiza. In that case it could be
compounded from chaN (wood) + i- (with) + kaki'za (to make creaking sounds).
Supposing that it is an allusion to some kind of wooden musical instrument
that the Apaches (used to) use.

Jan

Jan Ullrich
www.inext.cz/siouan

---
Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
Verze: 6.0.423 / Virová báze: 238 - datum vydání: 25.11.2002