Root lists.

Koontz John E John.Koontz at colorado.edu
Wed Oct 16 05:03:06 UTC 2002

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Linda A Cumberland wrote:
> So I guess the next question is whether there is a hard copy somewhere?

You'd want the files before the hard copy.  Anything to avoid scanning or
keying.

I've checked and I don't happen to have the files on my present system.
I have one of the old systems at the house, though I haven't fired it up
recently, and don't have easy access to it at the moment.  We were pretty
assiduous when I was at the Plains Center about copying forward old files
to new systems.  And we kept working files around.  The volumnious files
we accumulated occupied shockingly little space on newer hard drives.  We
also kept a lot of working files on 5.25 in diskettes, though the problem
now is to find a drive to read those ...

As Bob says, the character encodings were non-standard, though we
used the same one across all CSD files.  And the same several in preparing
printed copies.

I think three is a good chance these files still exist and could be used
with a little effort.

JEK