gypsum or "mica"

bi1 at soas.ac.uk bi1 at soas.ac.uk
Tue Sep 3 14:12:58 UTC 2002

John
Interesting that you said makha saN, I was going to hazard that a s
a guess.  The white cliffs of Dover, so I was informed by a Lakota
veteran who had seen them, are called Maya SaN.  They are of
course chalk, but look much like gypsum from a distance.
Bruce

Dr. Bruce Ingham
Reader in Arabic Linguistic Studies
SOAS